Friday, February 27, 2015

American Girl books

Even though I'm a 15 year-old girl, I love American Girl books, which are written for 8-12 year-old girls. There are several different American Girl series and my favorite are: the original historical character series, historical character mysteries, the history mysteries, and girl of the year. These books may not be very long or the most well-written, but I don't  believe that the quality or length should be a big determining factor of how good a book is. I love these books because of what they teach girls. In today's society, the world seems to be teaching girls and women alike that they must look a certain way or dress a certain way or have to be somebody they're not. But I don't believe this is true, I see this lesson being taught through these books. These books feature girls that come from all different backgrounds and cultures and they all have a dream. And as soon as they put their mind to it and try, they accomplish their dream. And I love this, because it inspires me to believe in my dreams and it doesn't matter my race or where I come from, my dreams still can come true, just like these girls. My wish is that others can see this and be inspired too.

No comments:

Post a Comment